With winter weather really setting in, now is the time to ensure you are maintaining your skin care and beauty regime so you have glowing skin that you are happy to bare once Spring comes around. We have you covered with our Top 5 Winter edible beauty tips.
- Shed Your Layers: A good exfoliant can help remove dead skin cells from your face and body. This is critical as the weather gets cooler, as this is the time when dry skin cells tend to proliferate. There is no need to scrub too hard – a gentle exfoliant will do the trick. The exfoliant in our Edible Beauty skin care range is a softening and skin smoothing polish which uses coconut oil as a base. Its multi-active exfoliators include Wattle Seed, Rice and Strawberry fruit extracts which boost skin radiance and enhance skin renewal.
- Lather Up: Oil based moisturisers are wonderful for protecting your skin from moisture loss. I recommend moisturisers that are abundant in fatty acids from coconut oil, shea butter and cacao butter. These natural products provide the ultimate repair and restoration.
- Glamorous Hands: Don’t forget to give your hands some love. One of our favourite tricks for ensuring our hands are kept looking youthful is to lather them with coconut oil and then pop on a pair of cotton gloves overnight. You will wake up with ultra-hydrated hands.
- Gobble Up Your Glow: Our favourite internal glow generators in Winter include flaxseed oil, avocadoes, hemp seeds, chia seeds and coconut oil. These foods are abundant in fatty acids which work to nourish and hydrate the skin from the inside out.
- Drink In Your Glow: In Winter we need to be mindful of ensuring we have adequate fluid intake as we may not notice our thirst as much. However, by staying hydrated you can literally drink in a healthy glow. I recommend carrying a water bottle with you wherever you go. At the office, have decanter filled with mint, ginger and lemon leaves, and at home revel in herbal teas. Teas containing licorice, cleavers, calendula, and burdock root are all wonderful for healing the skin and balancing hormones for a beautiful glow.
For more Winter Skincare Tips we love the Six Tips in the post below: