Fennel Soup Recipe
This fennel soup recipe is one of my favourites. Often when we are experiencing digestive issues there are few foods that we can enjoy without feeling discomfort. It is wonderful to have a few nourishing meals (which do not make you feel bloated or cause cramping) up your sleeve. This is a flavoursome soup recipe which is also gentle on the digestive system. This recipe is courtesy of my father – our family loves sitting in front of the fire with a bowl of this soup.
- 300 grams of carrots
- 3-4 large fennel bulbs
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 leek sliced
- 2 cm of ginger finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1.5 litres of chicken stock
- 100 ml of coconut cream or Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Roughly chop the vegetables along with the onion, leek and garlic and place in a roast dish. Toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the saucepan and add to a heavy based saucepan. Add the chicken broth. Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Liquidise with a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in coconut cream or a squeeze of lemon juice.