Fennel Soup Recipe
This fennel soup recipe is one of my favourites. Often when we are experiencing digestive issues there are few foods that we can enjoy without feeling discomfort. It is wonderful to have a few nourishing meals which do not make you feel bloated or cause cramping up your sleeve. This is a flavoursome soup recipe which is also gentle on the digestive system. This recipe is courtesy of my father – our family loves sitting in front of the fire with a bowl of this soup.
- 1 kilogram carrots
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1.5 litres of chicken stock
- 100 ml of coconut cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place the carrots, fennel and onion in a roast dish. Toss with a few tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Roast for 20 mins then add the garlic. Roast for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the saucepan and add to a heavy based saucepan. Add the chicken broth. Simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Liquidise with a stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in with coconut cream.